About the role
Reporting to the National Manager Public Affairs & Advocacy, the Public Affairs & Advocacy Coordinator partners with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement a range of advocacy and publicity campaigns and programs. These campaigns and programs increase awareness of stroke and Stroke Foundation across the Australian community and within State and Federal Government.
This role aims to empower Australians impacted by stroke to be heard.
- Work with the National Manager Public Affairs & Advocacy to implement an integrated public affairs, media and advocacy plan to engage the community and key stakeholders (internal and external) in the organisations mission.
- Develop and maintain key advocacy relationships with stakeholders, external alliances to support Stroke Foundation strategic goals and advocacy plan priorities.
- Assist with written communication for target audiences including newsletters, stakeholder communications and electronic communications in consultation with internal and external teams.
- Implement advocacy, public relations media and social media campaigns for national and state-based activities including fundraising programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community members, government, government authorities, key journalists, social media influencers and publications.
Your background – Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in /communications/politics or related area.
- Strong understanding of Federal and State Government systems, structures, frameworks and the broader political environment.
- Experience liaising with government at a local, state of federal level.
- Experience in planning and coordinating advocacy and public affairs (or similar) campaigns from brief to implementation on time and within budget.
- An excellent communicator who wants to inspire people to take action, with the ability to write persuasive communication pieces.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for supporting others.
- Ability to problem solve with an appetite to think outside the square to find solutions.
- Strong time management skills with an agile attitude towards work.
What’s on offer?
A flexible, innovative and dynamic organisation with engaged, knowledgeable staff with the added benefits of competitive remuneration and salary packaging advantages. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading not-for profit organisations that has a positive influence on the lives of thousands of Australians each year.
About the organisation
The Stroke Foundation is a national charity that partners with the community to prevent, treat and beat stroke. We stand alongside stroke survivors and their families, healthcare professionals and researchers. We build community awareness and foster new thinking. We support survivors on their journey to live the best life possible after stroke.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Public Affairs and Advocacy Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.