About the role
- Mat Leave Fixed-Term Position
- Based in Wattle Place
- Salary Packaging & Other Exciting Benefits Available
About the role
We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced Caseworkers to provide casework and psychological support and limited targeted counselling to Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants and people accessing the National Redress Scheme.
The position works as part of a multi-disciplinary team, contributes to program and service development, and supports the centre including promoting services to clients and stakeholders.
This is a fixed-term role until Dec 2020
The annual base salary range for this position is as given below:
$43,401 – $48,358 (Pro-Rata for 3 days a week part time)
$72,335 to $80,597 (if this were a full time role)
In addition to the base salary, there is the employers contribution
(9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging.
The actual salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training, and qualifications.
About the team
You will be working within an agile team collaborating closely with the Manager and Team Leader at Wattle Place.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess a combination of the below
- Ability to practice with empathy, acumen, and understanding in order to engage clients and to make sound decisions about the extent and timeliness of the required client support. Demonstrated counselling and casework skills with clients who have been impacted by childhood trauma
- Ability to establish rapport, respect and trust with clients
- Attention to person-centred needs and strengths identification and assessment; respond to the client’s need in a manner that increases well-being and generates satisfaction; actively listen and follow through on commitments to clients
- Demonstrated understanding of trauma-informed care principles and ability to practice in accordance with TICP
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism. Ability to engage in
reflective practice through clinical supervision and a commitment to
continual professional development
Demonstrated initiative and adaptability to changing situations. Ability to
work effectively. High level of oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. Collaboration and cooperation in working toward shared organisational goals for service delivery and contribute to a positive team culture
- Ability to think and act appropriately in a crisis and to manage self and others in situations where emotions and conflict are apparent. Can manage their own emotions and assist others to remain calm
- Takes ownership of work and identified areas of improvement, transparent in practices, corrects mistakes when identified
About the organisation
We've been here since 1948 and are one of the largest secular organisations in Australia providing professional services to support relationships.
Relationships Australia NSW believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent nonprofit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for differences and social inclusiveness.
How to apply for this role
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Follow this link to apply. RANS485
Please quote in application: Redress Therapeutic Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.