About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Use your strong engagement skills to build key relationships
- Melbourne based
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking a Relationship Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Senior Relationship Manager and working with a dedicated and high-energy team, this pivotal role will be responsible for the ongoing relationship management of our corporate partners. You will use your strong engagement skills to build rapport, trust and affiliation with our key partners across Victoria and Tasmania to achieve financial outcomes that contribute to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of a Relationship Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Building and strengthening relationships with Corporate Partners
- Undertaking and preparing timely partnership reviews and re-negotiation of contracts with the Business Development team
- Ensuring effective, deep and multi-level engagement with partners, including participation in events, volunteering and pro bono support activities
- Developing and executing Partnership Agreements and annual engagement plans
- Developing and presenting pitches / proposals to deepen engagement with partners, as well as expand or renew partnerships, in consultation with the Business Development team
- Providing partnership support nationally and representing the National RM team locally as required
It takes a special kind of person to be our Relationship Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and/or demonstrable transferable skills in a similar or related role;
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow professional relationships
- Documented track record of meeting and exceeding financial targets
- Proven experience in account management and/or customer relationship management
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in pitching and presenting to senior managers or C-suite stakeholders
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Solid fundraising experience in the NFP sector is highly desirable
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday, 28 February 2020
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Relationship Manager via Pro Bono Australia.