About the role
• Salary: from $120,248 – $127,001 (HEW 9) + 9.5% super and annual leave loading
• Appointment Type: Full time, fixed-term contract until December 2020 (parental leave cover)
• Location: Macquarie University, 58 Waterloo Rd Offices
At Macquarie, we know that when we all work together, we multiply our ability to achieve remarkable things. You are an important addition to that.
You will lead the development and delivery of innovative community fundraising programs and initiatives, as well as develop our approach to crowdfunding, mass-participation events and appeals. You will be focused on providing an engaging and consistent donor experience, whilst continuously evaluating and analysing performance to inform future activities and identify growth opportunities.
As a fundraising professional with a creative flair and an innovative approach, you are passionate about changing lives and believe that nothing is impossible. You will be responsible for the strategic planning implementation and success of supporter acquisition, retention and development. You will demonstrate a strong track record in managing and delivering effect fundraising initiatives, generating income through direct marketing or other community fundraising programs. You have a strong analytical focus on lifetime value, costs-per-acquisition and overall revenue performance.
Your ability to work collaboratively is matched with an ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally.
The Macquarie University Advancement Office oversees the University’s fundraising and alumni engagement efforts. The Community & Individual Giving team provides direction and leadership for fundraising across a number of strategic initiatives for the Macquarie University through the implementation of community engagement programs and appeals.
Macquarie is a University engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of University. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated skill and experience in a high-performing fundraising environment, preferably in a higher education sector
- Demonstrated skill and experience leading the development and executing innovative individual giving strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated skills and experience managing a team.
- Strong track record building and managing relationships with key stakeholders from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and manage delivery of regular individual giving programs
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyse individual giving programs performance to inform future strategies and evaluate return on investment.
*This position requires a Criminal History Check, domestic travel and out of hours work.
Specific Role Enquiries: Ben Jordan, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Sarah Rowsell, HR Consultant at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 1 March 2020
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Development Manager, Community and Individual Giving via Pro Bono Australia.