About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Maximum term to June 2020 | Based at South Melbourne
- Provide assertive outreach support to vulnerable children & families presenting with complex needs
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker to join our Family Services team based at South Melbourne. The position is full time, initially maximum term until 30 June 2020, with regular opportunities for extension or transfer across Uniting.
The Family Services program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. The program responds to referrals from Child Protection and the community in a brief entry capacity.
In a typical day, a Senior Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or child’s school
- Work with Families using the new 200 hour model
- Consult with an internal Family Violence specialist on resources for the needs of a child you are working with
- Prepare a report for other agencies that you are working with on a complex case
- Discuss a difficult case with your team in a Reflective Practice meeting
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.