About the role
Great opportunity to be part of Forensicare’s OT department
- Full time ongoing OT3 position
- Based at Melbourne Assessment Prison, Spencer Street, Melbourne CBD
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community-from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
- We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, specialist training, and ongoing professional education.
Forensicare’s Prison Mental Health Services are currently comprised of the following services provided under a Funding and Healthcare Services Agreement with Justice Health:
- Melbourne Assessment Prison – a 16-bed Acute Assessment Unit, specialist clinics, outpatient services and a reception assessment program;
- Dame Phyllis Frost Centre – a 20-bed mental health residential program, outreach support and therapeutic day program for women;
- Metropolitan Remand Centre – the Mobile Forensic Mental Health Service – mental health assessment, psychological intervention, mental health case management and transitions/pre-release planning for prisoners on remand with severe impaired mental functioning.
- Consultant psychiatric services and Nurse Practitioner services to the larger state-managed prisons;
- Satellite psychology services at Barwon prison and Marngoneet Correctional Centre
Occupational Therapists at Forensicare are committed to providing occupationally-focused practice. Clinicians will aim to work collaboratively with consumers and other service providers to support them to identify and address their occupational needs in a strength based, recovery centred manner. Utilising conceptual frameworks and clinical reasoning, we aim to enhance the occupational opportunities, engagement and environments to promote a whole of health care approach, and enable participation and performance in meaningful, purposeful occupations, roles and values.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Approved degree in Occupational Therapy recognised for membership of OT Australia – Australian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential
- We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Occupational Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.