About the role
The Senior Research Officer position sits within the Research and Evaluation branch of the Foundation. The Research & Evaluation branch has three functions: building the evidence base, using the evidence, and improving research capacity and process. Commissioned research and associated grants expand our understanding of critical gambling issues and advance the knowledge base. The evaluation arm of the branch provides rigour and accountability for Foundation activities and delivers the necessary data to improve and innovate programs.
The Senior Research Officer is a pivotal role in leading and supporting gambling research and knowledge translation activities for the Foundation.
In supporting the Branch Head, Research and Evaluation, the position will be instrumental in:
- leading and managing research projects, programs and stakeholders;
- leading the Foundation’s knowledge mobilisation activities;
- communicating research findings and evidence for use in Foundation programs and projects;
- translating and disseminating research findings for wider audiences;
- leading, planning and managing research projects and providing authoritative advice and information to various stakeholders on research projects, programs and knowledge.
Key to the success of the role will be your demonstrated research and analysis skills including sound understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, previous experience in translating technical research reports for wider audiences, and solid project and stakeholder management skills. A background working in public health would be highly advantageous. Qualifications in public health, social sciences, or other related fields is required.
About the organisation
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation was created by the Victorian Parliament under the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation Act 2011 specifically to address the challenge of gambling harm in the Victorian community.
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation is a statutory authority which aims to improve the health and wellbeing of Victorians by working with our communities and government to deliver effective, evidence-based initiatives and innovative approaches to prevent gambling harm and provide support for those seeking help. Our strategic priorities are to:
- Prevent gambling harm through a public health approach,
- Work in partnership with those who share our vision to improve community health and wellbeing,
- Build a collaborative and respected centre of expertise to deliver our mission for all Victorians. Our vision is a Victoria free from gambling-related harm.
How to apply for this role
Please click the Apply now button of this advertisement to start your application. Applications should include a resume and covering letter addressing the Technical and Specialist Knowledge key selection criteria in the position description, attached to this job ad.
Should you have any questions about the position please refer to the position description (see above) or contact Rosa Billi on (03) 9452 2625.
Please quote in application: Senior Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.