About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Sydney or Melbourne
- Full Time Max Term (12 month contract)
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Reporting to the Design Lead, this mid-senior level role will lead strategic design processes that will enable The Smith Family to better improve the lives of young people experiencing disadvantage.
A day in the life of a Strategic Designer might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Creating, planning and implementing strategic design processes that better enables The Smith Family to improve outcomes for the young people and families we work with.
- Engaging with young people and their families using a range of engagement methodologies including co-design workshops and interviews.
- Using relevant innovation and design methodologies to test and iterate designs.
- Developing business and financial models to assess a design’s viability.
- Engaging with a range of internal stakeholders – from ground level operational staff to Executive.
It takes a special kind of person to be our Strategic Designer. The successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary or equivalent qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience delivering human-centered design processes through user research, ideation, prototyping, and testing.
- Demonstrated experience using contemporary innovation methodologies including human-centered design, lean start up and agile.
- Experience working in service, program or strategy design in a social impact setting.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills.
- Complex problem solving, systems thinking and analytical capability.
- Experience working with diverse groups of people, including young people and/or people experiencing disadvantage.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and processes in accessible ways.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Strategic Designer via Pro Bono Australia.