About the role
- Student Equity and AccessAbility Services
- Full time, ongoing position, to work across all campuses
- HEW 6: $79,168 – $85,360 + 17% superannuation
About the Job
Reporting to the Manager, Student Equity and AccessAbility Services, this position will be responsible for supporting the delivery of equity support programs to students both online and across Swinburne’s three Melbourne campuses.
The scope of this position also includes the provision of equity, financial and housing services, information and referrals within the University structure and to external service providers of the University.
It is also expected our new incumbent will deliver workshops and conduct assessment for equity grants and scholarship applications and maintain the University’s commitment to the Financial Inclusion Action Plan for students. We are looking for a passionate individual to support in the delivery of these services which will be inclusive of case management and support the University’s commitment to the retention of students and the successful completion of their studies.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
A degree in a human service or related discipline with extensive relevant experience in a tertiary or community setting; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Demonstrated understanding of disadvantage and experience in providing information, assistance and case work to service users living in complex circumstances
• Extensive experience in financial assessment, conducting workshops on financial literacy, knowledge on tenancy, equity and financial issues and experience with supporting students or service users in financial hardship.
• Experience in developing and maintaining internal and external stakeholders networks.
• Knowledge of NDIS
• Flexible working arrangements
• Private health insurance discounts
• Discounted annual Myki cards are available to eligible Swinburne staff
• Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
About the organisation
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
Contribute to a streamlined and enriched student experience with our Students team. You’ll help ensure every touch point is a positive one – from attraction to course support and campus life, right through to graduation and work or further study opportunities. Our Students team comprises of the following areas: Marketing, Recruitment and Channel Integration; Student Administration & Library Services; Student and Academic Services; and Media and External Communications.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Student Equity Adviser via Pro Bono Australia.