About the role
Wellways Australia is going through exciting transformation and growth. In the Narooma region, we are continuing to expand our quality ICare support services and require a Team Leader to join our progressive team.
Reporting to the Program Co-ordinator, the Team Leader – ICare, this fulltime position is responsible for the delivery of services purchased through a range of funding sources, including the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and leading, coaching and supporting front line staff. In addition, this role will also provide direct support to participants to meet their goals as identified under their relevant Plan, including their Positive Behaviour Support Plans and Restrictive Practises. This role will also undertake various support items delivery in accordance with the participant’s plan.
This is an exciting career opportunity within our growing organisation, to be successful you will have:
- Min. Certificate III in Community Services and or related relevant experience
- Strong Team Leader skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers, staff and external stakeholders
- Experience and ability to work with people living with disabilities and challenging behaviours
- Understanding of the NDIA processes, Positive Behaviour Support Plans and Restrictive Practices
- An ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check Right to Work within Australia
- Appropriate IT skills, Carelink+ CMS are desirable
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission has released an online module for NDIS workers called ‘Quality, Safety and You’ this assist all NDIS workers to better support people with disability. This online module must be completed by all new Wellways employees before commencement, or certificate of completion attached to the application.
About the organisation
We are a value-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Benefits - If you join our organisation, the benefits you will enjoy include:
- Flexible working conditions and maintain healthy work and life balance
- Access to ongoing support and career developmental opportunities within the organisation.
- We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
How to apply for this role
For a full list of our staff benefits, to download a position description and to apply, please visit: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5019743
For a confidential discussion, please contact Cabrini d'Arcy-Stewart - Program Coordinator 02 6251 4599
Applications close, 2nd March 2020 - Close of business
Please quote in application: Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.