About the role
- Fixed-Term Position
- Based in Harris Park
- Salary Packaging & Other Exciting Benefits Available
About the role
We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced Caseworkers to provide casework and psychological support and limited targeted counselling to Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants and people accessing the National Redress Scheme.
The position works as part of a multi-disciplinary team, contributes to program and service development, and supports the centre including promoting services to clients and stakeholders.
This is a fixed-term role until June 30th, 2021
The annual base salary range for this position is as given below:
$43,401 – $48,358 (Pro-Rata for 3 days a week part-time)
$72,335 to $80,597 (if this were a full time role)
In addition to the base salary, there is the employers’ contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging. The actual salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training, and qualifications.
About the team
You will be working within an agile team collaborating closely with the Manager and Team Leader at Harris Park.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess a combination of the below:
- Provision of quality trauma-informed casework and therapeutic support for psychological well being
- Provide incidental and crisis brief counselling intervention as required and in consultation with the Team Leader
- Conduct sessions using multiple mediums including face to face, telephone, skype, and other mediums in accordance with RANSW policy and procedure
- Apply person centred, trauma-informed, and strength-based approach to working with clients
- Maintain service to clients from referral to closure as appropriate, including all clinical and administrative tasks
- Assess and refer clients to relevant services according to client identified need
- Actively support clients with therapeutic file reading and family tracing
- Provide support for first-time family reunion
- Manage brokerage requests from preparation to completion and data entry
- Provide support for clients in regional/rural areas as required
- Prepare applications for National Redress Scheme, Victim Impact statements, respond to subpoena and request for information in accordance with RANSW policy
- Participate in the facilitation of client and community events
- Maintain accurate client records, e.g file notes updated daily, and data entry according to RANSW policy
- Ensure confidentiality of all client information in accordance with RANSW policy and adhere to legislated Privacy principles
About the organisation
We've been here since 1948 and are one of the largest secular organisations in Australia providing professional services to support relationships. Relationships Australia NSW believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent nonprofit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for differences and social inclusiveness.
How to apply for this role
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Follow this link to apply. RANSW474
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.