About the role
- Ashfield Location
- Part-Time, 3 days/weekly
- Attractive Salary & Packages
The Workplace Health and Safety Officer is a member of the People & Culture team. The role is responsible for developing, implement and maintain best practice health and safety strategies and systems across the organisation. The Workplace Health and Safety Officer will be accountable for executing health and safety systems, reporting and advising in order to ensure legal compliance.
ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND CULTURE TEAM
The People & Culture Team (PaC) partner with the business through a number of functions, including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organisational Development, Employee Services, PaC Business Partnering and Work, Health and Safety. As the Manager Safety and Wellbeing you will be part of the team based primarily in our Ashfield office.
- Ensure relevant health and safety legislative obligations and responsibilities are implemented and maintained across the organisation.
- Implement and manage risk management strategies and hazard identification.
- Maintain a comprehensive health and safety software system to monitor incident/injury reporting and recording investigations. Including data collection, analysis and reporting to management on a regular basis.
- Maintain a health and safety software system to initiate and monitor workplace inspection activities and health and safety audits on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and support on health and safety issues across the organisation.
- Develop, maintain and implement health and safety initiatives and programs consistent with SSI’s health and safety plans, targets and strategies
- Develop, maintain and implement health and safety initiatives and programs consistent with SSI’s health and safety plans, targets and strategies.
- Actively participate in formal and informal consultation and communication to increase and enhance the understanding and awareness of health and safety issues across the organisation.
- Implement and manage compliance with the injury management and return to work function and processes.
You will have an innovative and proactive approach to safety and well being. You are also required to have the ability to develop, design and deliver health and safety training programs to the workforce and management. You have the capacity to manage conflict and change management. Great skills to influence people at all levels to improve health and safety outcomes and organisational culture are favorable along with relevant tertiary qualifications, a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training or equivalent
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we ar e very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email or contact t he talent team on 8799 6700.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support, and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families to reach their potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Workplace Health & Safety Officer via Pro Bono Australia.