About the role
The Young Communities team we are currently seeking a Youth Development Officer to develop, deliver and evaluate range of educational, recreational and youth consultation programs targeted at young people in response to identified needs within the City of Melton. The successful applicant will be responsible for the planning and provision of programs and events for young people ensuring that youth participation, involvement and consultation strategies feature strongly in program design and implementation.
- Engage and work with young people that may require further short-term assistance and support. This includes receiving referrals and undertaking assessments of young people (12 to 25 years of age) and/or their families.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate a range of youth programs, services and events that address the needs of young people within the municipality.
- Undertake and be accountable for program administrative tasks; including the development of program proposals and evaluations, case notes, and case files of support work completed with young people and families, program budgets and maintaining accurate records and statistical information.
- Provide information, resources, and where appropriate referral, to young people and their families to enable them to make informed decisions and make full use of resources and services available within the community.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Youth Work, Welfare, Community Development or a related discipline with some experience.
- Well-developed skills in youth participation and engagement including working with people from diverse backgrounds and differing abilities and socioeconomic circumstances.
- It is essential that that you are able to work flexible hours, including some afterhours Hours of work will vary according to client and service unit needs.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Council has a diverse and vibrant team serving our diverse and vibrant community and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future. Our values are:
- Continuous Improvement
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Staff-Benefits/
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we’re committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
About the organisation
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs, and we want you to enjoy the benefits that best work for you and your stage of life. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and countless opportunities for professional and personal development. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
How to apply for this role
How to Apply
For further information about the position, please contact Tamara Thorsen, Team Leader Development and Support, on 9747 5380.
To view position description and apply visit: https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 28 February 2020
Please quote in application: Youth Development and Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.