About the role
TerraCycle Australia & New Zealand is looking for a switched-on marketing professional who can actively promote and raise awareness of Zero Waste Boxes (ZWB) in Australia and New Zealand. Zero Waste Boxes are an easy, premium solution that allows businesses and individuals to keep their waste out of landfill; there are boxes catering for more than 100 waste streams.
The role offers the opportunity to join a fun, dynamic and growing team in our Sydney office and to take ownership of a business unit.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote ZWB in Australia, with an emphasis on digital marketing.
- Introduce, and create a strong market for ZWB in New Zealand, including finding resellers, engaging with businesses and developing processes for all logistics, working with our Operations Manager.
- Identify and develop new partnership opportunities for ZWB in both countries.
- Identify and attend events that will lead to ZWB sales.
- Work with the PR & Comms team to plan effective support through all communication channels including collateral.
Account management (20%)
- Act as main contact point for, and work with, existing partners to ensure their satisfaction with ZWB and identify further sales opportunities.
- Identify ways to improve processes and outcomes for our resellers.
- Respond to and follow through on all ZWB orders including deliveries, invoicing, inventory management, monthly reports, etc.
- Maintain shopify website to ensure all details are accurate and stock is available.
- Pending growth of the business – Hire, train and manage a team
- Qualifications in marketing.
- Experience in e-commerce (online advertising, shopify analytics etc.)
- At least two years’ experience in a marketing/communications role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to a deadline and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be thorough and detailed oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be willing to travel interstate and internationally.
About the organisation
Operating in 21 countries, TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the Idea of Waste®.
We are the world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as cigarette butts, pens, baby diapers and coffee capsules. TerraCycle works with major FMCG companies to make recycled products, such as the world’s first shampoo bottle made from ocean plastic. More recently, TerraCycle launched the zero-waste retail platform Loop, which was listed as one of the top inventions of 2019 by Times Magazine.
In 2019, TerraCycle was also ranked #5 on Fortune’s Change the World list.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role, please send CV and cover letter to Jen Walker (email@example.com), using the subject line: ZWB Associate at TerraCycle Australia & New-Zealand. Please include salary expectations and availabilities. Applications that do not follow the instructions will not be considered.
Please quote in application: Zero Waste Box Associate (Marketing and Business Development) via Pro Bono Australia.