About the role
Appointed Director, ANZSN Council – Finance/Accounting/Investment Expertise
Board Director, Finance and Investment
- Australia and NZ applicants are encouraged to apply
The Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrology (ANZSN) is seeking to appoint a voluntary Director with finance/accounting/investment expertise to its Council (Board).
The ANZSN is a not-for profit organisation representing the interests of health professionals committed to the prevention and treatment of kidney disease through education, research and advocacy.
The ANZSN is governed by a Council comprising up to 10 elected Directors, who are Nephrologists, and up to 2 appointed Directors with specialist expertise.
Information on the ANZSN, including its commitment to gender equity and diversity, can be found at https://www.nephrology.edu.au/.
As a Board member you will have responsibility for shaping the strategic direction of the ANZSN and overseeing the operational performance of the Society, with a particular focus on driving financial affordability, sustainability and accountability.
Bringing expertise in finance and accounting, you will be appointed to the Finance and Investment Committee, which is Chaired by the Honorary Treasurer and tasked with the following functions:
- preparing the annual budget for the Society, taking into account its operational and strategic priorities;
- developing the annual partnership agreements with industry to secure and maintain sponsorship income;
- monitoring performance against the budget and approved financial performance indicators and targets for the Society;
- monitoring performance of the investment portfolio in accordance with the Society’s investment policy;
- monitoring financial risks and recommending risk mitigation strategies; and
- developing finance and investment related policies and procedures.
The Council and the Finance and Investment Committee is supported by the ANZSN Office, which comprises 1.7 FTE administrative staff.
We welcome applications from those who would like to make a difference to kidney health whilst growing and developing their leadership and governance skills.
Expertise in finance is a must, with investment experience highly desirable.
While not essential, experience at a mid – senior management or governance role in a not for profit organisation would be highly valued.
As an appointed Director of the ANZSN you will be required to prepare for and attend:
- five, two hour Council meetings per year;
- five, one hour Finance and Investment Committee meetings per year;
- the Annual General Meeting; and
- the Council’s strategic planning day (held every three years).
The majority of Council and Committee meetings are held by teleconference.
The Council and its key Committees meets face to face once per year in September, prior to the Annual General Meeting of Members.
This is a voluntary role and no salary or honorarium is offered.
The cost of attending face to face Council and Committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be met by the ANZSN.
Appointed Directors will also be invited to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting, which provides an opportunity to meet with Members and learn more about the Society and its mission.
If you have a question, or would like more information on the ANZSN including its financial position, please contact Shaune Noble on 02 9241 2586 or the ANZSN Office at email@example.com.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please submit your application, outlining skills and experience along with a copy of you CV to the ANZSN Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications: 28 April 2020
Please quote in application: Appointed Director, ANZSN Council via Pro Bono Australia.