About the role
- Unique opportunity to create a strategic & commercial income (fundraising) strategy
- Build on a solid foundation and reputation for growth
- Leverage your ability to build relationships for impact
The new Head of Development will;
- Design and implement an income generation strategy which identifies the right diversity of income sources to achieve financial stability and growth to underpin impact.
- Develop and manage high-value relationships with a spectrum of stakeholders including individual donors, philanthropic foundations, corporate supporters, and government funders.
- Work in close partnership with the CEO, knowing when and how to utilise his influence and network, and sensitively coordinating the management of relationships between BackTrack and other key stakeholders including the board.
- Work effectively with internal colleagues to attract and maintain funding, which balances donors needs and organisational flexibility.
- Effectively guide the organisation’s use of its CRM, ensuring key stakeholder data is maintained and easily accessible by the internal stakeholders who require access to it.
- Build and guide the organisation’s development of its fundraising skills and resources, over time and as appropriate.
- Take ownership of the organisations fundraising budget and reporting.
You will have a deep understanding and considerable experience in best practice, strategic fundraising combined with a strong commercial acumen and a proven track record of meeting aspirational income targets. Drawing on your previous experience, you will demonstrate an excellent ability to build rapport and deepen relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders. You will believe in the power of storytelling to bring to life the important work undertaken by BackTrack and convert inspired individuals into valuable partners for the organisation. You will also demonstrate good financial management skills, be tertiary qualified in Business, Sales and/or Fundraising and hold a current driver’s licence.
About the organisation
BackTrack Youth Works exists to help as many young people having a hard time as possible. They fill a gap in the system and have demonstrated their ability to not only keep kids alive and out of jail but chase their hopes and dreams. Founded in Armidale NSW in 2006, the organisation works mostly with kids aged between 12 and 19 years of age, who usually have multiple and complex life challenges. Before BackTrack steps in, they are already falling through the cracks of society. BackTrack is often their last resort for living and thriving in a happy, successful life.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing organisation at a critical time. Under the leadership of BackTrack’s Founder, Bernie Shakeshaft (Australia’s Local Hero of the Year 2020), and with the support of a dedicated, capable team and impressive Board, the organisation has experienced significant growth and success. BackTrack boasts the development and delivery of several impactful programs, the creation of an employment-based social enterprise, a community mentoring program and a strategic plan that will see growth in terms of geography, scale and impact. This is a new role that will ensure the organisation’s approach to generating income is strategic, creative and sustainable.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: BackTrack Youth Works: Head of Development via Pro Bono Australia.