About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Great opportunity to take your career forward in an Agile Squad environment
- Max term contract June 2021
- Sydney CBD, NSW
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our growing team for a max term contract until June 2021.
Reporting to the Digital Platform Manager and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role in our Agile Student Squad, will be responsible for running workshops and gathering requirements in order to develop features and functionality as a part of an agile team (squad) to deliver outcomes for customers. This includes taking part in planning work to be completed during an iteration (sprint), participating in agile ceremonies and having a continuous improvement mind-set.
A day in the life of a Business Analyst might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Estimate effort for user stories
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives
- Select the most efficient and feasible design to implement a feature within budget and time constraints
- Review and produce functional specifications
- Produce user documentation for new functionality and changes to existing functionality
- Produce test scripts and test new functionality
- Assist in the tracing and removal of faults discovered during testing
- Continuous improvement of business analysis methodology
It takes a special kind of person to be our Business Analyst. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in related field and 3 years+ experience as a business or data analyst
- Strong verbal communication, presentation and document writing skills
- Experienced in stakeholder management with the ability to work with leadership teams
- Highly experienced in running requirement gathering workshops
- Ability to document user-stories and functional/non-functional requirements
- Experience working with ticketing systems and Kanban boards using Jira or Visual Studio Teams
- Strong capability in drawing MS Visio or MS PowerPoint diagrams to visualise process flow, data flow or workflow processes
- Experience working in Agile environments
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.