About the role
- Exciting opportunity for a Caseworker with a background in working with clients who have experienced domestic and family violence (DFV)
- Leading Not For Profit Organisation
- Fixed-term contract until 30 June 2020, with a possibility of further 1-year extension
- Part-time 3 days per week – Tuesday to Thursday – 9am to 5pm
- Regular opportunities for additional hours.
- Based at Penrith
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Caseworker to provide client centred, integrated casework support services to clients of our Safer Pathway Male Victims of Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) Support Service. The service is funded by the Justice NSW and is a telephone referral service that aims to assist with a range of supports and interventions. This is a phone-based caseworker support role.
Some of the responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Provide quality case management and therapeutic support to male victims of DFV;
- Conduct risk assessments, identify short term needs to ensure client safety, implement safety action plans and referral to appropriate services;
- Timely data entry and management of records;
- Attend and represent clients at local Safety Action Meetings (SAM);
- Work as part of a team within the organisation as well as work collaboratively with other service providers.
About the successful candidate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Welfare, Social Sciences, Psychology, Humanities or other relevant disciplines, or equivalent knowledge and experience working in these areas;
- Demonstrated relevant case management and clinical expertise;
- Understanding of the issues and needs of men who have experienced DFV;
- Understanding of the NSW Safer Pathway program which is a new model of service delivery for DFV clients developed as part of the NSW Government DFV Framework for reform.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, identify short term needs to ensure
client safety, implement safety plans.
- Experience in providing representation and advocacy in coordinating multi-service access;
- Ability to collaborate effectively and develop partnerships with key service providers within government and non-government organisations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – including verbal and written abilities;
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills including computer literacy, data entry and record keeping skills;
- Current class C NSW Driver’s Licence and use of private vehicle.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Caseworker Safer Pathway Program Domestic Family Violence via Pro Bono Australia.