About the role
- NFP Salary Packaging options available
- Opportunity for personal growth and development
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
Are you passionate about youth mental health? Do you thrive working in a team? Are you familiar with the inner-workings of a health service provider? Our headspace centres are looking for you.
About the role
Multiple casual opportunities available
We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on that outcome, pioneering new, positive approaches to the prevention and treatment of mental disorders.
These casual positions will provide operational support to the Practice Manager of headspace to ensure the effective delivery of all administrative functions. Functions include reception, maintaining appointment systems, billing and medical records, other database management and application of Microsoft Office tools. Your contribution as a Health Service Receptionist will be integral to the overall functioning and delivery of mental health and wellbeing services to young people and their families and carers across our five headspace centres at Craigieburn, Glenroy, Melton, Sunshine and Werribee.
As a Health Service Receptionist, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate warmly and effectively with young people, their families and a diverse range of health and community service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of confidential reception and administrative services, including a high level of word processing skills.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, relevant administrative/clerical procedures, including software applications and filing systems.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated sound problem solving skills and an ability to multitask.
- Understanding of contemporary human resources practices including workplace health and safety, equal opportunity and antidiscrimination.
- Ability to exercise initiative in the application of established work procedures
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Casual Health Service Receptionist – All Centres via Pro Bono Australia.