About the role
Harness your leadership skills, drive innovation in service delivery, and inspire an amazing team in the pursuit of improving the lives of children
- Opportunity to help children & their families lead better lives across Australia
- Use your professional management skills to deliver meaningful social outcomes
- Leverage your sector experience & stakeholder management, to drive innovation
As CEO and leader, you will be the public face of KAA and be responsible for the design and delivery of the vision, strategy and programs of the organisation. This includes managing critical relationships with all key stakeholders, including the Martin James Foundation which is headquartered in the UK. You will lead the overall governance, financial management and operation of the organisation. Working closely with the board of directors, you will be responsible for strategic and operational business planning and performance, and the effective management of day-to-day operations, people and resources. Your ability to lead, motivate and inspire a professional and passionate team will be critical. Key Assets Australia are looking for a leader with the following:
- A passion to create a positive difference to children and young people’s lives
- Senior executive experience in – and deep understanding of – the Family Services, Child Protection and/or Foster Care sector (Government, for-purpose or commercial)
- Commercially astute and politically savvy with strong strategic, financial, operational and people management skills. Must be able to exercise strategic focus organisationally and across multiple contexts.
- Track record of leading an organisation through growth and change; and embracing innovation
- Experience working with- and a network within – Government
- Strong communication and relationship skills; able to engage with and navigate a wide range of stakeholder relationships including Clients, the Board, overseas partners, state-based Directors, Government, and the wider sector.
- Flexible, collaborative, approachable, resilient, and adaptive leadership – able to build trust and bring the national and state-based team on the journey.
- KAA is a national organisation with operations across the country; the role will be required to work flexibly and there will be some travel.
- Alignment with and commitment to KAA’s values, and to the highest standards of child safety best practice, good governance and transparency
To learn more about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description and the latest Impact Report here.
About the organisation
Key Assets Australia is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation providing services across Australia to children, young people and their families, with a particular focus on out of home care and young people with disabilities. Established in Australia in 2007, they deliver an innovative range of services in partnership with statutory bodies and foster/kinship carers to understand and meet their unique needs, helping them to succeed. Key Assets Australia is part of a global charity group, the Martin James Foundation and is also networked with social enterprise providers in Europe and the USA.
Positioned as a highly respected organisation that will continue to have real impact and influence on children’s services across the country, Key Assets Australia is looking for a strategically focused Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to build on the strong reputation of the organisation and to lead and inspire it into the future. KAA has gone through a period of growth that has seen it double in size over the last 5 years and more growth is expected – the CEO role will be integral to that journey.
How to apply for this role
If you think you meet the criteria mentioned above and you feel that this is an opportunity for you, we invite you to apply.
To do this, please submit your CV and an accompanying Covering Letter. We’re particularly interested in reading (in your cover letter) why you are interested in leading Key Assets Australia, and how your values, skills and experience align with this opportunity.
For any specific questions, not covered here or in the information links, please email us at email@example.com.
Applications close 5.00pm, Wednesday 15 April 2020.
Please quote in application: CEO: Key Assets Australia via Pro Bono Australia.