About the role
Environmental Justice Australia (EJA) is a leading public interest legal organisation comprising of passionate lawyers and campaigners who work on behalf of people and communities to safe guard health, protect nature and wildlife and tackle climate change.
EJA, through its legal expertise, is a powerful force for change that delivers justice to people and the planet through advocating law reform and policy, conducting ground-breaking research and influencing public debate.
Benefits & Culture
- Lead a passionate, truly committed and highly skilled team
- Satisfaction in bringing about positive environmental change
- Attractive salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements
Working with the board you will lead the direction of the organisation and implement, monitor and evaluate the strategic vision.
A critical element of the role is to drive organisational sustainability with a focus on developing and leveraging fundraising relationships with philanthropists, trusts, and individuals to generate donations, grants and bequests.
You will also;
- Provide inspirational, collaborative and confident leadership to the team
- Identify further opportunities to diversify funding and income sources
- Lead and manage EJA’s policy and law reform agenda
- Provide representation to decision makers, stakeholders, media and the community
This role would suit an accomplished CEO or senior leader who brings experience working within the environmental sector.
Specifically you will have:
- Worked as a lawyer or have significant experience in or understanding of how the law can be used as a tool for social change
- Success leading and promoting an inclusive, positive and results based culture
- The ability to develop and implement strategy and inspire a clear vision of success
- Political astuteness and solid advocacy skills to inform policy and law reform
- Track record of building trusted relationships with philanthropic funders, government agencies, partner organisations and community members
If you are passionate about protecting the environment and being a force for change, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the key skills required. For further information please contact Emma Naglieri on 03 8080 8977.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.