About the role
The End Street Sleeping Collaboration’s Database Manager will be an essential member of a small, dedicated team in a new organisation that is committed to the vision of ending street sleeping.
The Database Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing a database – the By-Name List – to capture and analyse information that is essential to achieving the objectives in the fight to end street sleeping in NSW. The By-Name List is the cornerstone of the Institute of Global Homelessness framework being implemented across NSW.
In this role you will provide strategic data reporting, and manage database development, quality and compliance. You will transform data into reports and other communication tools, to provide insight into the systems, trends and opportunities for innovation in order to reduce street sleeping in NSW.
This position is full time and located in Sydney CBD. While initial focus will be on Sydney, the vision of all collaborating partners is to end Street Sleeping in NSW. Therefore, some travel within NSW and occasional interstate travel may be required.
See our website at endstreetsleeping.org to read more about the By-Name List and the collaboration.
You are somebody with:
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, including the ability to explain complex technical solutions and scenarios to all audiences
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Project management expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to explain end-user scenarios and technical architecture for development platform, business intelligence and process/workflows
- Ability to transform data into reports and other communication tools
- A cooperative, flexible approach, with the ability to work independently and as part of a growing team.
As well as having relevant tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) you have experience and proficiency with:
- Power Platform (Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate) and Azure
- Data migration, management and data quality.
- Microsoft 365, including report writing and performance of administrator functions
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Technology related pre-Solutions, Solutions or business development experience in business applications arena
- Data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling) and data mining.
Need More Information?
Contact Christine McBride, CEO on 0447 129 923
About the organisation
We believe that street sleeping can be ended; that no-one should be sleeping in the streets of Sydney, or any community in NSW, tonight or on any night.
In February 2019, in a landmark step, the NSW Government, the City of Sydney, and leading homelessness charities joined 13 other cities in a partnership with the Institute of Global Homelessness, joining a global movement to end street sleeping, signing a Memorandum of Understanding to reduce street homelessness by 50% across NSW by 2025.
The End Street Sleeping Collaboration Ltd will be working with local communities, people with lived experience of homelessness, government agencies and charities across NSW in a growing collaborative effort to reduce street sleeping by 2025 and work towards ending street sleeping by 2030.
How to apply for this role
Please email email@example.com your application, including
- a brief letter addressing the criteria
- a resume.
Applications close Sunday 5 April 2020.
Please quote in application: Database Manager via Pro Bono Australia.