About the role
International Justice Mission Australia is seeking an experienced and resourceful Director of Partnerships, who will steward the IJM brand and mission to Corporations, Foundations and Major donors. They will understand the space of generous giving and have the ability to find and build relationships within the above three categories. The Director of Partnerships will be gifted in bringing the opportunity to Corporations & people that may not yet understand the value in partnering to end slavery and violence against the poor.
For this key leadership role, IJM Australia is seeking a person to be based in Chatswood, Sydney on a full-time basis at 1 FTE.
The Director of Partnerships will:
- Be bold, courageous, creative and strategic in nature
- Be an excellent networker and resourceful
- Effectively manage and develop our existing corporate relationships
- Strategically seek out further corporate relationships and future partnerships which align with our mission and casework types
- Manage existing and future Foundation and philanthropic relationships
- Relationally manage and work alongside existing and future Major donors to find mutually beneficial spaces that advance the mission and fulfill their desires of support
- Show strong leadership skills in advancing a team of partnership managers both locally in Sydney and in future nationally. Have the ability to vision the team along with leading, building and growing the partnerships team
- Achieve growth within mid /major donors, foundations, philanthropy and corporations
- Work closely with the Chief Marketing & Partnerships Officer to produce partnerships strategy, vision and budgets each year
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to produce the required tools for the partnerships team and those they serve
- Work closely with the Chief of Advocacy to establish new Corporate relationships and deepen existing
- In close alignment with the CMPO seek to develop and action a holistic mid-major donor journey and product to enhance acquisition, retention and conversion
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Previous experience in a corporate setting and understand the language and needs of corporates
- A knowledge of Foundations as well as major donors, what drives them, what they need and what they are looking for
- A strong track record developing business to business relationships
- A demonstrated leadership capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all levels within an organisation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in successful business development type role
- Corporate and NFP experience valued
You will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent strategy and planning skills
- Strong capacity to learn and problem solve
- A deep conviction regarding biblical justice
About the organisation
IJM is a global organisation that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors and strengthen justice systems. IJM lawyers, investigators, social workers, community activists and other professionals collaborate with local law enforcement to combat slavery, sex trafficking, rape, police brutality, property grabbing and other forms of violence. As an Advancement Office, at IJM Australia we seek to build awareness and raise funds, while working with our local governments, law enforcement and corporations to make changes that curb the demand for the very issues we are working against in the field.
IJM’s vision to 2030 is to rescue millions, protect half a billion and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
IJM is Christian, Professional and Bridge Building. Our Christian value manifests not only in our motivation but in our culture and work environment, including daily devotions, stillness and prayer. Our Professional value is expressed through our desire to do everything with excellence and make a lasting impact. Our Bridge Building value is demonstrated in our methods, which are always through and for relationship as we seek common ground in all that we do. Our brand’s personality is smart, relentless, unafraid and in the trenches. We seek to recruit people with the same attributes and passion.
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals - characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes in a way that brings deep impact in this world
- Opportunity for spiritual formation
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of QE
How to apply for this role
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to IJM Australia’s values as detailed above, along with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IJM Australia is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please quote in application: Director of Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.