About the role
We are currently searching for full time and part time Disability Services Officers to join our our day service supporting individuals with disabilities on a one to one basis and in group based programs Monday to Friday.
As a member of the team, you will be required to support individuals to achieve their goals, encourage independence and assist with their day to day needs. You will also provide physical support, personal care and assistance with activities of daily living.
If you are attentive, energetic and possess a positive attitude toward working with people with disabilities and their families, this may be the role for you. You will work alongside individuals creating partnerships and connections within their local communities.
• Will have atleast 2 years experience working in the disability field.
• An appropriate qualification such as Certificate IV in Disability.
• Be energetic and supportive – with a can do attitude!
• A person centred approach or broad and relevant life experience.
• The ability to maximise empowerment, independence and enhance community inclusion
• Flexible to work in a variety of situations and compliment a motivated team
• Great listening skills and enjoy communicating
• Basic word processing skills.
• A current Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
• Clear national and international (if applicable) Police Check or willingness to undertake prior to commencing
• Willingness to undergo and have a clear DWES check.
About the organisation
Carinya Society is a community based organisation located in Coburg that provides outstanding services to individuals with disabilities that facilitate choice, support and values each individuals as an integral part of the community in which they live.
Staff have access to an extremely supportive environment, ongoing training and an EAP program, in addition to great facilities. You will be entitled to 6 weeks annual leave (pro-rata) during allocated term breaks and access to salary packaging
How to apply for this role
Applications must include your resume and a cover letter specifying which days you are available by email to email@example.com Quoting Reference Number CAR132 - Disability Services Officer
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 17th April 2020
Please quote in application: Disability Services Officer via Pro Bono Australia.