About the role
A trusted and reassuring presence in the Victorian community for more than 136 years, St John Ambulance Victoria is a for purpose organisation and driving force in the community, working for the Service of Humanity. We look to the future as a vibrant and strong organisation which exists to help those in our community who are in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
Our desire is to serve the community further, deliver the best care possible and be a place where people are inspired to volunteer and work. We support our charitable work through a strong and diversified commercial operation, operating as a certified Social Enterprise.
About the Opportunity
Our People and Culture team are seeking a self-motivated engagement, learning and development (L&D) professional to join our well-resourced, close-knit team. As the Engagement and Development Partner, you will collaborate, coordinator and deliver a range of engagement and learning activities and projects, as well as ensuring the development and maintenance of robust learning and development systems and processes.
Reporting to the General Manager, People and Culture, your focus will be to identify learning and development initiatives and programs to ensure St John possesses and develops the skills, knowledge and capability to fulfil the vision and strategic objectives of our organisation. Working with leaders, volunteers and employees across multiple locations, you will plan, deliver and measure engagement activities and outcomes, that influence organisation culture and create both a safe and fun place to work. Activities may include coaching, mentoring and guiding as well as rolling up your sleeves and planning and delivering activities aimed at creating an engaging and great work environment.
As the position will work closely at all levels of the organisation, you will bring your passion to engage and collaborate, communicate with influence, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable and agile to the changing needs of the business.
Essential Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria):
- Solid experience and background in delivering engagement strategies, learning and development programs, or relevant training facilitation in SME environments.
- Experience with engagement and learning and development measurement reporting and analysis.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to provide direction, motivate and engage others in the achievement of goals.
- Proven self-direction with organisation and planning skills and the ability to exercise initiative, discretion and judgement in working independently and as part of a team.
- Strong customer/stakeholder centricity and engagement experience, with the proven ability to deliver quality outcomes for internal customers.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with sound creative and report writing skills.
- A confident public speaker and facilitator with a strong positive presence and experience in delivering varying levels of training to diverse participants.
- Results orientated, a strong sense of urgency and high energy levels.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, and experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Flexibility and ability to travel to various St John sites as required.
- Current Victorian Driver Licence and safe driving record.
- Willingness to undertake a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
An understanding and background working in Human Resources would be advantageous, as would previous experience engaging and servicing a large geographically dispersed workforce. Creative graphics and design experience for internal communications would also be desirable.
St John supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where you can pursue and achieve your goals to the fullest potential through ‘Our Safe Place’. St John offers a great culture and amazing staff benefits including career growth opportunities, training and development opportunities, tax free salary packaging options, discount cards, health and wellbeing offerings, complimentary breakfast and fresh fruit, fabulous coffee machines, team building activities, additional leave days and staff excellence awards. We also have an engaging and active social club!
How to Apply
Please apply by with your updated resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Your cover letter statement should include how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to achieve the key accountabilities and succeed in the position.
If you experience any difficulties applying online, please contact our People and Culture Recruitment Team on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to Diversity
St John is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment for all our people. We encourage an environment where people feel respected, safe and valued for who they are and the contribution they make to the organisation and the community. We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) applicants.
Our commitment to Child Safety
As an organisation that regularly works with children, we at St John believe that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times, and to be treated with dignity and respect, free from emotional, psychological and physical danger, abuse and neglect. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Engagement and Development Partner via Pro Bono Australia.