About the role
Established in 2008, the Australian Environmental Grantmakers Network (AEGN) is a membership organisation that aims to harnesses the power of philanthropy to help protect our environment and build a sustainable future.
Through capacity building, information sharing, collaboration and networking, the AEGN supports it members to facilitate effective and increased environmental philanthropy.
Benefits & Culture
- Bring significant support to Australian environment
- High level exposure to an expert philanthropic network
- Collaborative leadership and team environment
- Flexible work practices including purchased additional leave
Reporting to the CEO you will play a pivotal role in bringing together AEGN members and the environmental and philanthropy sector to improve the quantity and effectiveness of giving to the environment. You will do this by:
- Developing and maintaining learning materials/collateral that support members to increase their environmental philanthropic grant making
- Developing and implementing processes and events to share learning with members, the philanthropic sector, staff and other stakeholders
- Leading the environmental philanthropy advocacy and research program in collaboration with the AEGN Advocacy and Research Committee with a particular focus on environmental giving statistics and key charitable sector policy
- Managing and undertaking projects including funding proposals, budget and contractor management
You will have a successful track record working in the environment charitable sector and a strong network as a consequence. Specific skills and experience required include:
- Expert stakeholder engagement and relationship building; ability to collaborate, negotiate and influence
- Excellent “broad church” political judgement and ability to quickly understand policy impacts, risks and opportunities
- Leadership skills; ability to coach, develop and leverage the strengths of others
- Outstanding communication skills to frame and translate evidence into clear and compelling narratives
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to source and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Knowledge of and experience in policy and advocacy relating to environment and charitable issues would be an advantageous.
If you are passionate about empowering philanthropists with the knowledge to address Australia’s environmental sustainability, then apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8080 8977 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Environmental Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.