About the role
Great opportunity to be part of Forensicare’s OT department
- Full time ongoing OT3 position
- Based at Melbourne Assessment Prison, Spencer Street, Melbourne CBD
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community-from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
- We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, specialist training, and ongoing professional education.
Forensicare’s Prison Mental Health Services are currently comprised of the following services provided under a Funding and Healthcare Services Agreement with Justice Health:
- Melbourne Assessment Prison – a 16-bed Acute Assessment Unit, specialist clinics, outpatient services and a reception assessment program;
- Dame Phyllis Frost Centre – a 20-bed mental health residential program, outreach support and therapeutic day program for women;
- Metropolitan Remand Centre – the Mobile Forensic Mental Health Service – mental health assessment, psychological intervention, mental health case management and transitions/pre-release planning for prisoners on remand with severe impaired mental functioning.
- Consultant psychiatric services and Nurse Practitioner services to the larger state-managed prisons;
- Satellite psychology services at Barwon prison and Marngoneet Correctional Centre
Occupational Therapists at Forensicare are committed to providing occupationally-focused practice. Clinicians will aim to work collaboratively with consumers and other service providers to support them to identify and address their occupational needs in a strength based, recovery centred manner. Utilising conceptual frameworks and clinical reasoning, we aim to enhance the occupational opportunities, engagement and environments to promote a whole of health care approach, and enable participation and performance in meaningful, purposeful occupations, roles and values.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Approved degree in Occupational Therapy recognised for membership of OT Australia – Australian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential
- We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.