About the role
- Part-time (0.6), Ongoing / OT3 with scope to make full time
- Based in Ravenhall Correctional Centre
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community–from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, specialist training, and ongoing professional education.
Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men’s prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne’s west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
Based within the Ravenhall Correction Centre Outpatient Service, and with a strong focus on early intervention and prevention. The Senior Occupational Therapist independently plans, implements, evaluates and documents Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment and works as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to promote the benefits of participation and performance in meaningful occupations through liaison, collaboration and consultation with key stakeholders and external service providers.
- Participate in the general assessment and treatment of patients through group work and individual sessions, making a strong discipline-specific contribution to the clinical team’s understanding of the patient and their situation.
- Assess, interpret and intervene to improve occupational performance through identifying individual needs based on functional deficits and strengths, and through promoting occupational choices.
- Liaise with other staff (both clinical and non-clinical) and services within RCC on the functional impacts of mental health and to promote the capacity of services and opportunities within RCC to support the person in meeting the requirements of their environment
- Manage the planning, implementation and evaluation of occupational interventions in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team and the Program manager.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and to work collaboratively, flexibly and responsibly with patients and with all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to examine own performance, identifying strengths and limitations, to engage constructively in clinical supervision and a commitment to applying knowledge learned to practice.
- Conceptual understanding of the theories of occupational performance and a commitment to understanding and improving patient functioning through assessment and treatment using occupational models of intervention.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Approved degree in Occupational Therapy recognised for membership of OT Australia – Australian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.