About the role
About the Role
The End Street Sleeping Collaboration’s Program Manager will be an essential member of a small dedicated team in an evolving organisation that is committed to the vision of ending street sleeping in NSW.
The Program Manager will take a leading role in engaging with the homelessness sector, government and non-government partners, community organisations and others to implement the Institute of Global Homelessness framework in communities across NSW.
Together with the CEO, you will develop, plan and manage initiatives to achieve the target to halve street sleeping in NSW. To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for working in a community development / collaborative impact framework, an understanding of social service systems, and the ability to develop successful partnerships and create opportunities for creative, sustainable and collaborative outcomes.
This position is full time and located in Sydney CBD. While initial focus will be on Sydney, the vision of all collaborating partners is to end Street Sleeping in NSW. Therefore, frequent travel within NSW and occasional interstate travel will be required.
See our website at Endstreetsleeping.org to read more about the collaboration.
Alongside your demonstrated knowledge and experience in the homelessness sector, you are somebody with:
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to work across a complex network of stakeholders and communities
- Excellent communication and engagement skills including high level written and interpersonal communication, problem solving, negotiation, conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated experience in project management and/or policy development in the social services sector
- Ability to work using an evidence-based approach and use data analysis to inform practice and formulate strategies for change
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a team as well as independently manage workload
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training, workshops and presentations
- Experience in the design and implementation of evaluation and performance management measurement tools
- A cooperative, flexible approach and commitment to the vision and values of the End Street Sleeping Collaboration are essential.
Need More Information?
Contact Christine McBride, CEO on 0447 129 923
We require the preferred applicant to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check prior to employment and may also require a Working with Children Check.
We are committed to equal opportunity employment and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
About the organisation
We believe that street sleeping can be ended; that no-one should be sleeping in the streets of Sydney, or any community in NSW, tonight or on any night.
In February 2019, in a landmark step, the NSW Government, the City of Sydney, and leading homelessness charities joined 13 other cities in a partnership with the Institute of Global Homelessness, joining a global movement to end street sleeping, signing a Memorandum of Understanding to reduce street homelessness by 50% across NSW by 2025.
The End Street Sleeping Collaboration Ltd will be working with local communities, people with lived experience of homelessness, government agencies and charities across NSW in a growing collaborative effort to reduce street sleeping by 2025 and work towards ending street sleeping by 2030.
How to apply for this role
Please email email@example.com your application, including
- a brief letter addressing the criteria
- a resume.
Applications close Sunday 5 April 2020.
Please quote in application: Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.