About the role
This position offers a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to enjoy flexible working arrangements with an average of 10-15 hours per week to be negotiated.
The successful person will be able to support a small Management Committee made up of volunteers, have excellent networking and communication skills, positive values about the importance of social inclusion and the rights of people living with disability and demonstrated organisational and administrative experience in coordinating off-site learning events.
Support the Management Committee of Foundations Forum to achieve its strategic goals by:
- increasing the number of people from a range of disability/service provider and community organisations, individuals and families attending Foundations Forum learning events
- building relationships with service providing organisations and individuals and families in NSW
- supporting networks of interested people who will continue to meet to increase their potential to create change
- increase the number of families and people living with disability who share their stories of valued roles at workshops
About the organisation
Foundations Forum is a small Sydney-based voluntary organisation formed by a group of individuals committed to improving the lives of people who are marginalised in society. From its beginnings as a network in 1985, Foundations Forum was incorporated in NSW in 1991.
Because Foundations Forum recognises the power of valued social roles in transforming the lives of people who are marginalised, they have committed themselves to providing education that:
- is based on a proven theory: Social Role Valorisation (SRV)*
- uses personal stories to illustrate the potency of SRV
- is interactive and draws on the experiences of participants
- offers practical strategies and safeguards
- provides authentic SRV education.
Foundations Forum receives no funding and relies solely on membership and workshop fees to continue its work.
*Social Role Valorisation (SRV): the pursuit of the good things in life, via the pursuit of valued social roles for people with a devalued status.
How to apply for this role
How to apply?
Please send a copy of your CV and a response to the Criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For position description and criteria or information about the project, go to
If you would like more information please contact
Phone: 0412 322 806 during business hours
Applications close COB 8th April 2020.
Please quote in application: Project Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.