About the role
You will be reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy and have 5 direct reports.
- Coordinate the overall strategy for UNSW’s inaugural philanthropic campaign.
- Monitor and update the campaign plan and prepare regular progress reports.
- Collaborate with other members of the Division of Philanthropy’s leadership team to design plans, policies, and key performance indicators (KPIs) that build and sustain the momentum necessary to meet campaign objectives.
- Oversee the campaign communications & events team and the implementation of communications strategies.
- Serve as a key staff liaison to volunteer leadership including the Campaign Cabinet.
- Organise training programs relating to the campaign for Division of Philanthropy colleagues, University leaders and campaign volunteers.
- Collaborate and assist with overall relationships of boards and committees involving staff and volunteer leaders.
- Manage all campaign activities including events and programs, communications and comprehensive staff training and volunteer development strategies.
- International and domestic travel may be required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant post graduate degree/tertiary qualification and significant experience working as a development professional.
- Proven experience working in a target driven environment.
- Extensive stakeholder management and executive management.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships.
- Demonstrated success achieving communications strategies and managing their implementation.
- Strong Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to building high performing team.
About the organisation
- Develop and lead comprehensive fundraising campaign strategies
- Lead people and project plans to achieve outcomes
- 14-month Fixed Term Contract
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy, UNSW’s strategic plan that sets out the priorities and themes that will guide us over the next decade as we position ourselves as 'Australia’s Global University’.
UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team organisation that will advance UNSW’s goals. Our Development and International Development teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities. Our Alumni and Engagement team helps encourage the involvement of alumni and friends in Sydney and around the world in the life of UNSW. Our Operations Team ensures that all UNSW donors, alumni and friends receive a consistent and high standard of service and stewardship.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Director, Campaign role via Pro Bono Australia.