About the role
Your new role
We are a not for profit located in St Kilda which operates several business units with plenty of scope for a Graduate to learn a variety of accounting skills. Our business units consist of business of Aged Care services both residential and in the home, 12 Op Shops, fundraising and other State Government funded services.
We are looking for a Graduate Accountant who wants to make a difference to our client group by delivering excellent customer and support services.
This role also backups payroll – so a keen eye for detail and ability to swap from task to task is required
Working full-time you will be responsible for
- Using Microsoft Nav bank reconciliations
- Preparation of business activity statements (BAS)
- Preparation of journals
- Fixed assets entries and reconciliations
- Assisting with preparation of monthly profit and losses
- Fortnightly payroll processing – from Humanforce Time and Attendance to Micropay as well as salary packaging and maintenance
- Balancing sheet reconciliations and other reconciliations as required.
- Accounting for a small subsidiary within the group
- Balancing and recording Homecare and NDIS Packages
- You will also have exposure to business budgets and management reporting and assist other program managers understand finance procedures and queries.
We’re looking for someone with
- A Tertiary qualification in Accounting
- Intermediate excel skills
- The ability to work within a small team as well as autonomously
- A thorough approach and good attention to detail
- Solid communication skills and who is highly organised.
You can look forward to
- Annual Salary range of $62,186 – $67,265
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
About the organisation
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Graduate Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.