About the role
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – 2 x NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
Afford (Australian Foundation for Disability, www.afford.com.au) is a values driven market leader in the provision of disability services. It has been in operation for over 65 years and currently supports over 3,000 clients across NSW, Queensland, and Victoria.
Afford’s mission is to provide innovative, flexible, and high quality support to enhance lifestyle, learning and vocational opportunities for people with disability, their families and carers.
Afford is a company limited by guarantee and has charitable status. The Board provides strategic direction and operational oversight of the company’s group homes and respite facilities, day programs, allied health services, disability employment, disability enterprises, carer support, holiday and travel services, and substantial property portfolio.
Afford is seeking expressions of interest from the community for two (2) new Non-Executive
Directors to join its skills based Board. Candidates should have particular capabilities/experience in the following:
- Disability service provision – operations, policy and strategy and/or
- Financial Management, and Investment and/or
- Marketing and Sales and/or
- Executive Management and/or
- Legal, Corporate Services and/or
- Property Asset Management.
It is envisaged that the incumbents to these roles will be required to allocate at least 1-2 days per month to undertake the following primary responsibilities:
- Regular attendance at and participation in scheduled (at least monthly) Board meetings in Western Sydney, either in person or by video conference.Participation in an annual strategic planning workshop, usually held over a weekend.
- Attendance and participation in special board meetings that may be called on an ad-hoc basis to discuss strategy and special items.
- Participation on specially constituted Board committees which may be convened from time to time.
- Meeting preparation
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Non Executive Directors X 2 via Pro Bono Australia.