About the role
GetUp is looking for a Philanthropy Director to lead major, middle donor and corporate philanthropy in support of a more fair, flourishing and just Australia. As someone who builds rapport easily, you will spend 200 of 220 working days each year visiting, talking to and inspiring donors to give.
SCHADS Classification Level 7 – 8 salary range is $94,266.12 – $119,401.50 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a permanent contract based in Sydney or Melbourne.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is the Fundraising Team
GetUp’s Fundraising Team is a small, high performance team of dedicated fundraisers who create and manage meaningful and engaging experiences for the thousands of everyday people who chip in to power GetUp’s work.
The Fundraising Team helps strengthen the GetUp movement of over one million members, finding the resources that drive our impact and giving people new and interesting avenues to make a difference on key issues.
The Philanthropy Director will be directly responsible for:
- Hitting philanthropy targets and proactively managing and evaluating the philanthropy budget;
- Cultivating and stewarding major donors and corporate supporters through the donor cycle, in particular through face to face asks;
- Developing compelling major donor pitches based on GetUp campaigns, and performing additional asks via email and direct mail;
- Achieving a strong prospective middle and major donor pipeline and donor upgrade program;
- Coordinating a calendar of key events with donors, key staff and board that deepen engagement and inspire giving;
- Publicly representing GetUp within the sector and philanthropic community and at events.
You will be someone who:
- Is passionate about building relationships to grow and strengthen a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on a range of progressive issues;
- Is highly networked – an excellent communicator who builds rapport easily, and has a proven track record of inspiring donors to give;
- Thrives on achieving fundraising success through a combination of hard work, best practice and innovation;
- Capable of thinking big, and with imagination and creative flair, to develop effective major donor strategies; and
- Self motivated and capable of working autonomously while juggling deadlines on a range of varied tasks and projects in a fast paced environment.
Bonus points for:
- A keen interest and engagement in Australian politics;
- An existing network of high net worth individuals.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Please apply ASAP, applications will be considered on a rolling basis
About the organisation
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of everyday people. We combine the power of over one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, First Nations Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Director via Pro Bono Australia.