About the role
Would you like to improve people’s well-being through inclusive volunteering that empowers and engages?
We are looking for a dynamic Programs & Engagement Manager who would be excited by Volunteer West’s goals of:
- Supporting community members to find volunteer opportunities. Our strength is providing personalised support and guidance through a volunteer-for-volunteers model
- Providing training and support to coordinators and managers of volunteers, and to organisations that run volunteering programs
- Advocating for the growth of socially inclusive volunteering in all its forms.
Given our size and the challenge of servicing a fifth of Melbourne’s metro population (estimated at 880,000), we work through collaborations to deliver services that reach diverse communities and meet service needs across 6 local government areas.
As Programs & Engagement Manager you will:
- Take a lead role in developing and delivering projects & collaborative programs with partners and volunteers
- Manage Volunteer West’s relationships with key stakeholders including funding bodies, government agencies, other community centres and peak bodies
- Manage and analyse service delivery data and program evaluation results to compile into impact reports.
- With the CEO, undertake research that provides practical insights for improving volunteering.
This position is 0.5FTE, 19 hours per week. There is flexibility around working days.
During this social distancing period, working from home arrangements will be in place.
Once normal services resume, the primary office base is in Altona, with flexibility to work from home subject to service delivery requirements.
About the organisation
Volunteer West is a small, dynamic, not-for-profit organisation supporting and enabling volunteering in the municipalities of Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melton, Moonee Valley and Wyndham in Melbourne’s western suburbs.
Volunteering West is evolving its operations over the past year. With the induction of several new Board members, staff and volunteers in recent months, the organisation is shaping its services to rise to the challenges of these covid-times and the 'new normal'.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Programs & Engagement Manager via Pro Bono Australia.