About the role
- Exciting Advocacy opportunity in Fairfield
- $69k annual salary (pro-rata for part-time) + Superannuation + Salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Full-time or part-time (0.9FTE) role
We are a values-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
This is a six-month maternity leave cover position.
The Campaign Advisor is responsible for leading the development and roll-out of the Stampede Stigma campaign with a focus on digital engagement. Stampede Stigma an ambitious campaign to end the stigma and discrimination faced by people who experience mental health issues, with the main activities taking place during Mental Health month (October).
Secondly, the role works with the Campaigns Database Administrator and the Public Affairs and Communications Project Officer to run the annual Christmas fundraising appeal. These campaigns raise significant funds to help Wellways provide mental health pathways to people living with mental health issues and people with disabilities.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the Stampede Stigma campaign
- Supporting Wellways offices across the east coast of Australia to hold Stampede Stigma events
- Managing and updating Wellways Australia’s social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter), and the Stampede Stigma social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and building the engagement and audience of each
- Supporting the Individual Fundraising Program; including:
- Provide updates on fundraising appeals for Board and Executive Leadership Team meetings
- Report on the Urgent Coronavirus fundraising appeal
- Report on the End of Financial Year fundraising appeal
- Supporting the development of Christmas fundraising appeal
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications or equivalent experience
- Sound verbal communication and fluency in the English language
- An ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Excellent phone communication skills
- Strong campaign planning and implementation capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality, accurate work to strict deadlines
- An understanding of Mental Health and/or experience in the industry
- Experience in political advocacy and/or government relations
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Working with Children Check
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fortnightly pay
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 percent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
About the organisation
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Scott Samson, General Manager Public Affairs and Communications on (03) 8873 2522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 07 June 2020
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: Campaigns Advisor - Maternity Leave via Pro Bono Australia.