About the role
The CEO is responsible for the overall strategic direction and management of SVP; engaging with the organisation’s stakeholders and members to lead, foster, promote and influence the development of shared value in Australia.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful applicant will ensure the organisation meets its core objectives:
- Build awareness of shared value as a viable business strategy
- Increase understanding and application of shared value
- Increase membership and corporate engagement to improve practice of shared value
Key Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will be a leader who is strategic, innovative, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate about creating a more resilient and sustainable future for business and society.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in a senior leadership role, ideally with demonstrated success in financial management and oversight
- Ability to work in small organisations, with demonstrated experience in developing long term strategic plans, annual business plans and budgets
- Proven track record of driving highly effective small teams that deliver high-impact programs and outstanding outcomes within limited budgets
- Proven track record of success in business development, negotiation and stakeholder management
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with experience in establishing priorities, allocating resources and meeting deadlines while working under pressure as a leader of an organisation
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in dealing with a broad range of stakeholders, individuals, groups and organisations
- Cross-sectoral experience/insight across corporate, government and non-profit sectors preferred
- Exceptional public speaking, interpersonal and presentation skills
About the organisation
Established in 2014, the Shared Value Project (SVP) is the peak body for advancing the adoption of shared value in Australia and New Zealand.
Since the organisation’s inception, shared value understanding and practice in Australia – and globally – has grown. Alongside its affiliates in the US, South Africa, India and Hong Kong; SVP has taken the idea presented by Professor Michael Porter and Mark Kramer in the original 2011 HBR article, Creating Shared Value and contributed to the development and evolution of the movement.
A membership-based organisation, SVP’s mission is to raise the capacity and commitment of business to solve our region’s most prevalent issues profitably. It does this through the delivery of education programs, events and evidence-based research, to support the community of practice.
The future goal for SVP is to build on this foundation by continuing to grow the adoption of shared value among leading Australian companies (expanding its membership base), whilst considering how the organisation evolves its programs to support more organisations in this pursuit. As an active participant in the Board’s decision-making process, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to fundamentally shape the future direction of SVP.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) via Pro Bono Australia.