About the role
Your key mandate will be to provide project management oversight of the research and development program, including ongoing engagement with the scientific team, and regular review and guidance on the progress of the scientific program. Regularly collaborate with Technical Operations, Nonclinical and Clinical Development, and Regulatory Affairs groups to support the acceleration of opportunities from discovery though to approval. Candidates with all, or some of the following experience will be considered:
- Assist the Executive in developing and implementing the Company’s research & development strategy
- Drive and direct scientific research and development discovery and validation activities through successful pre and post regulatory approval
- Ensure continued scientific support for product candidates as they move through nonclinical and clinical studies.
- Provide leadership in developing collaborations with external organizations that inform and guide research goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance from the research department and ensure the quality of work (e.g., records and lab notebooks) is accurate and complies with all regulatory and laboratory standards.
- Ensure all R&D complies with all cGMP and safety requirements, laboratory SOPs and company policies and procedures
- Develop and manage a budget for internal and external research activities
- Manage a network of external experts and foster excellence in work and partnership
- Contribute to publication efforts around the company’s novel technologies, tools and scientific insight
- Responsibility for the timely provision of the relevant R&D contributions to the Investigator’s Brochure
- Provision of R&D development cost estimates/forecasts.
- Assist in third party engagement, including research services providers, CROs & CMOs
- Collaborate closely with the lab and analytical teams to develop novel bioanalytical methods for investigating efficacy of the technology
- Work with Director of Manufacturing to evaluate opportunities to optimize manufacturing process
- A record of scientific accomplishment in the R&D of biologics
- Proven track record of delivery of key milestones from inception to clinical studies and the ability to contribute at a technical level to multiple programs simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to align scientific focus and research operations with evolving corporate objectives and strategic priorities
- In depth experience with immunology and immunotherapy, NK cells and CAR – T required.
- Reputation as leader in field with a successful track record of providing recent key scientific contributions to high-impact publications in a biomedical or biotechnological field
- Proven experience evaluating process and systems and optimizing/making improvements in SOPs and effective lab process
- Hands on management and involvement in all aspects of a research & development organization’s day-to-day operations along with success and proven experience developing, executing and maintaining a budget
- Strong communicator with an ability to lead and influence
- Adaptability, flexibility, independence and resourcefulness to both lead a big vision strategy while also willing to roll-up-sleeves and multi-task in order to thrive in a growing environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- A passion for addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients
- A PhD or MD in the pertinent life sciences biologics field, with 6+ year’s relevant industry experience. Advanced degrees desirable.
Our client has just landed in Australia and you will be part of a new and exciting venture. Well-funded through to the end of Phase I they offer an exceptional opportunity. Successful candidates will attract a competitive salary package. As a valued member of this new and expanding team, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your talent and shape this emerging business.
About the organisation
Our Client seeks change makers who are committed to developing cancer immunotherapy solutions that improve patient outcomes. An international biotechnology company, their innovative technology better mimics the body’s natural immune response to provide faster time to treatment, disease specific targeting, limited off target effects, and a more effective opportunity for successful personalised treatment.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our client in this exciting new challenge, please call Marilyn Jones on +61 437 332 272 for a confidential discussion and/or email your résumé with your cover letter: email@example.com
Candidates that are successful for interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of applying. All candidates will be notified on receipt of their application. If you have not had a reply within 2 weeks, we would welcome an email and we WILL respond.
Roles may be preferably based in Victoria however other states will be seriously considered.
Please quote in application: Chief Scientific Director or CSO via Pro Bono Australia.