About the role
Doctors For Nutrition (DFN) is working for a future where whole food plant-based nutrition is widely used in disease prevention and care. As we continue to grow our influence, we are looking for a skilled and experienced Development and Donor Relations specialist to join us and drive our fundraising activities.
Working at both a strategic and operational level, as Development and Donor Relations Lead you will be responsible for driving DFN’s fundraising strategy and taking on a hands-on approach in identifying and executing all fundraising, donor and membership management activities whilst collaborating within a small team.
This role offers an exciting challenge to lead and grow the development and donor relations arm of our unique charity.
Doctors For Nutrition is committed to supporting the successful candidate to develop and thrive within this role through the strong support of the General Manager, our Board, Advisory Council and skilled and passionate staff.
Please note that interstate travel may be required on occasion, depending on your location.
For a complete list of primary responsibilities, please refer to the position description.
What we can offer
- A unique opportunity to enhance human health and create positive change within the healthcare sector and the Australian society.
- The ability to work from the comfort of your home office.
- Flexible working arrangements and an organisational commitment to wellbeing.
- A remuneration package commensurate to skills & experience.
- The option to salary package up to $18,550 per FBT year
- A small team of passionate and committed colleagues.
- Professional development opportunities.
As the Development and Donor Relations Lead, you will have proven experience working within a development, donor relations or fundraising role, have a natural ability to think creatively and have exceptional communication and story-telling skills. You will also have the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within a remote working environment.
Additionally, you will have an understanding of whole food plant-based nutrition, a dedication to the vision and mission of Doctors For Nutrition, and will embody our organisational values.
For a complete list of required skills and experience, please refer to the position description.
Doctors For Nutrition is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background.
About the organisation
Founded in 2018, Doctors For Nutrition (DFN) is a small independent health-promotion charity with big plans to equip healthcare practitioners, institutions and the general public with evidence-based information and education on optimum human nutrition.
With medical and dietetic practitioner ambassadors across Australia, New Zealand and globally, a mission is to inspire the healthcare sector, policymakers and society at large to adopt whole food plant-based nutrition as a powerful tool in disease prevention and care.
Our ultimate vision is a society and healthcare system that embraces evidence-based nutrition solutions to help people optimise their health and quality of life.
To learn more about us, visit doctorsfornutrition.org.
How to apply
Please read, complete and submit all the elements of this application to ensure your submission is considered.
To be considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Development and Donor Relations Lead Application’ attaching the following:
- Application Cover Sheet (as provided).
- Cover letter (max 2 pages) addressed to the General Manager outlining the following:
- Why Doctors For Nutrition.
- Why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
- Your curriculum vitae.
- 2-3 examples of work that you have done in fundraising, development and/or donor relations (e.g. campaigns, documents, plans, projects)
You must have appropriate working rights to apply for this role (working visas of less than 12 months will not be considered), either:
- An Australian Citizen;
- OR hold permanent Australian residency;
- OR have a valid Australia working visa.
For further information or for any questions please contact email@example.com or call the General Manager on 0429 962 755. .
Applications close 31 May 20.
Please quote in application: Development and Donor Relations Lead via Pro Bono Australia.