About the role
Teach For Australia is dedicated to recruiting the future leaders of Australia into the classroom and inspire, connect and empower them to a lifetime of action towards educational equity.
Studies show a three-year achievement gap between Australia’s best and worst performing school students, predominantly driven by socioeconomic, geographic and ethnic factors.
Teach For Australia’s vision and programs work towards an Australia where all children get access to an excellent education.
Benefits & Culture
- Passionate, professional and ambitious team, working together to close the education gap
- Dedicated to providing educational development·
- Flexible and inclusive workplace culture with a focus on work/life balance
- Located in the midst of the action on Flinders Lane in Melbourne’s CBD
- Increased super at 10.5%
Reporting to the Director of Government Relations and Fundraising this new position will lead a national fundraising portfolio responsible for acquiring financial support from individuals.
You will work closely with TFA’s founder CEO, board and senior stakeholders to engage an identified list of prospects with TFA’s mission and make strategic asks resulting in significant income.
You will also work closely with the communications team to develop and deliver donor driven content and campaigns that raise TFA’s profile and promotes a culture of giving within their alumni community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a portfolio of identified prospects and inspiring them to become major donors
- Working with TFA’s senior stakeholders to design and deliver appropriate donor engagement strategies
- Making and facilitating asks that lead to financial support from high-net-worth individuals
- Working closely with peers responsible for trusts and foundations and corporate giving
- Collaborating with the TFA team to deliver fundraising in line with the 2030 corporate strategy
- Meeting agreed income targets and contributing to the projection of future income targets.
This role would suit an experienced fundraiser or an advancement professional whose main expertise is in major donor fundraising, or a similar position that has involved obtaining financial support from high-net-worth individuals. You will have made significant financial asks that have resulted in transformational levels of income.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to engage and influence senior internal stakeholders, to ensure the most effective approaches are made.
You will understand donor communication and will have the ability to coordinate sophisticated donor driven content and campaigns.
Ideally you will have an interest and/or experience in education and will have worked in complex program delivery environments, education institution or leading charities.
If you want to use your fundraising experience to help children reach their full potential through quality education, please apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Anna Skeels on 03 8080 8976.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Development Manager – Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.