About the role
Previous applicants for WIRE Business Manager position need not apply
- Do you want to work at a leading and cutting-edge feminist organisation?
- Do have leadership skills around financial management, all of organisation systems and processes including quality assurance and risk?
- Are you able to employ micro and macro thinking to find innovative solutions?
- Do you want to be part of a growing organisation that everyday supports women, nonbinary and gender-diverse people so that they can reach their goals?
If you answered Yes yes, yes and YES this job could be for you.
WIRE has grown significantly in the past two years. As a result, the finance, administration systems , compliance and continuous improvement support needs for the organisation have grown significantly.
The Finance and Business Operations Manager is a strategic leadership position work with and support the CEO, management team, Finance and Administration Coordinator and the Board of Management to ensure that WIRE’s finances, administration and quality improvement processes enable sustainable and strategic growth of the organisation. This includes ensuring WIRE has:
- sound financial management processes and reporting systems that are compliant with Australian Accounting Standards and that meet the requirements of our external auditors and other regulatory bodies
- strong administrative and infrastructure processes that can adapt and evolve with a growing WIRE
- robust quality improvement and policy and procedures to support staff and manage workplace issues
- efficient and effective reporting process to support the CEO and Board in operational and strategic decision-making.
- Developing and maintaining relationship with WIRE contractors.
- strong processes to support WIRE’s auditing, governance and compliance obligations and
- robust risk processes that are systematically reviewed
Our ideal candidate for this position will
- Have at least 3 years experience in a finance manager role
- Hold a CA or CPA qualification (or be working towards same) and hold a bachelor degree in a related discipline
- Have had experience to non-financial audit / quality assurance audits
- Have had experience or exposure to broader business operations matters such as ,HR policy and procedures management, IT and risk management
- Be prepared to work in, and contribute to, an organisation that holds strong feminist values
- Ideally have experience working in a social services setting or within another body receiving government funding
- Have the ability to communicate to a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation
About the organisation
WIRE is a leading service delivery organisation with more than 30 years’ experience supporting countless women, nonbinary and gender-diverse people across Victoria. It is the only Victorian state-wide free service that provides information, support and referrals to any Victorian women, nonbinary and gender-diverse person on any issue.
Vision: A just and inclusive society where all people can thrive.
Values: WIRE is feminist, inclusive and bold. We strive for social justice, empowerment and integrity.
Mission: At WIRE we work with women, non-binary and gender-diverse people to address the issues they identify, assist them to make informed choices in their lives and advocate for structural change to bring about gender equity and social justice.
WIRE has a strong track-record of innovation in research, training and service delivery and addressing the multiple barriers women, non-binary and gender-diverse people experience that contribute to their marginalisation.
WIRE supports all women, including nonbinary and gender non-conforming people We are a committed feminist organisation that provides best-practice gender-informed service delivery, research and training and a non-stigmatising service delivery entry point for thousands of people every year.
We provide support through a Telephone Support Line, by email and online, as well as face-to-face at our Walk-in Centre located in West Melbourne. We also deliver a range of programs and services including job coaching, employment workshops, financial and legal clinic, lunch-time clubs and activities for those experiencing isolation and homelessness.
We undertake projects and provide education and resources to individuals, organisations and the community to build capacity and capability to counter gender bias, discrimination and family violence. This includes training products and programs focused on increasing women’s financial capability, addressing family violence, dealing with difficult calls and working more effectively with women.
We are a small organisation but our impact ripples throughout Victoria. With more than 60 active volunteers and 22 staff, we provide services to Victorians that changes lives. We are proud of who we are, the service we provide and what we have achieved.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance and Business Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.