About the role
Founded in 1937 and situated in 1959 on The University of Queensland’s beautiful St Lucia campus and inspired by Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne and the Society of the Sacred Heart, Duchesne College’s mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for young women undertaking their university studies in Brisbane. Duchesne is an environment in which they are encouraged to explore their spirituality, aspire for academic excellence, and live as full and contributing members of the global community.
On behalf of the Catholic Bishops of Queensland, the Head/Chief Executive is appointed by the Duchesne College Council to provide leadership that is distinguished by integrity and authenticity; leadership that is relational, creative, forward-looking, and strategic in focus, whilst respectful of the history and traditions of the College. Accountable to the Council, the Head/Chief Executive is charged with the privilege and responsibility to lead Duchesne College.
Focus areas include:
- Contributing to and delivering the College’s strategic vision with a focus on reimagination and innovation
- Leading a cohesive, highly capable and engaged team to deliver continued academic care and well-being programs together with a strong focus on alumnae engagement
- Supporting an environment that encourages the Residents to embrace the opportunities and challenges of College life in their transitions to and from University
- Ensuring a welcoming, respectful and inclusive environment is expressed in the operations and the life of the College
- Nurturing spiritual growth with provision for Mass, prayer, meditation and reflection
- Growing opportunities for community involvement and contribution in the context of a philanthropic strategy which fosters lifelong engagement
Duchesne College is seeking a visionary, values-based leader who will work closely with a dedicated team of professional staff, taking responsibility for driving and operationalising strategy whilst ensuring the mission is at the forefront of all endeavours. Applicants will require strong financial and risk management capabilities with an appreciation of the significant role of governance. The ability to develop and lead key relationships across a wide range of stakeholders and an understanding of the tertiary education sector are imperative.
Duchesne College gives expression to the Sacred Heart ethos through the values it espouses. To that end we are seeking interest from candidates who align to these values, beliefs, and interrelated community and educational goals.
To apply, please submit your resume and a 1-2 page document at www.ontalent.com.au outlining why you are the best person for this exciting and rewarding role. Confidential enquiries should be made to Ben Thurlow or Natasha Olsson-Seeto on 07 3305 5800.
Applications close Sunday 31st May 2020.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of College and Chief Executive via Pro Bono Australia.