About the role
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from government, health and mental health organisations, and the eating disorder sector, raising awareness in the media and via community engagement. Butterfly runs Australia’s only national Eating Disorders Helpline, seven days a week; evidence-based clinical treatment and support programs; and delivers prevention initiatives in schools and the community to combat negative body image issues.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will provide an effective operational HR service to the organisation, and help build a respectful, collaborative, open and innovative culture.
Specifically you will:
- Oversee recruitment and onboarding for all staff
- Support mangers to conduct ongoing performance reviews and in developing engagement plans
- Handle all HR administration including management of the HRIS
- Prepare letters of offer, contracts and associated documentation
- Ensure effectiveness in business operations for the HR function
The role is offered on a three days equivalent basis which can be worked over three, four or five days.
You will have at least four years’ experience in an HR generalist role and current knowledge of employment standards and Fair Work Legislation. Additionally you will have:
- Experience in interpreting and implementing HR policies and procedures
- Experience administering an HRIS or other database and intermediate MS Office skills
- Knowledge of remuneration policies in public, private and NFP sectors
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ideally a qualification in HR and an understanding of the NGO environment
Compliance checking will include Police Clearance and Working with Children (WWCC).
If you are passionate about contributing to improved outcomes for people with eating disorders or negative body image issues, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Human Resources Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.