About the role
- Full time position
- Bendigo location
- Graduates are welcome to apply
Are you looking for a role that can give you the opportunity to connect with many wonderful rural and remote communities across NSW?
A role that encourages your analytical nature, attention to detail and your strong interest in community development?
Are you a can-do, highly motivated person that wants to make a real difference to rural communities and have a passion to see them succeed?
The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) is a charitable foundation that funds a broad range of community projects across Australia, building on partnerships between philanthropy, community, government and business. They are looking for a new Support Officer to join their Bendigo based team, someone who doesn’t shy away from hard work and is keen to be part of a team that has a strong social focus and places a high value on integrity and reputation.
The Investing in Rural Community Futures (IRCF) Program is a 5-year funding partnership approach, with strong innovative intent and is based strongly on successful foundational relationships with communities. You will be part of a small but highly productive, collaborative team providing a key role supporting the delivery of the IRCF program.
Your key duties will include:
- Community engagement and maintaining solid relationships, responding capacity building enquiries.
- Processing of grant applications including correspondence, document coordination and data entry.
- Assessment support, including having a key role in the validation process, evaluating applications, writing assessments, and coordination of information and data analysis.
- Reconciling monthly budget expenditure, supporting final report process and accounts payable.
- Assist in organising community events, workshops and delivering the communications plan.
If you have recently completed study in social science, community development or systems design or if this is a passion that you would like to pursue to add to existing experience, FRRR can offer a solid grounding in community capacity building methods and a diverse and rewarding position.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated ability to work with high volumes of information whilst maintaining accuracy, thoroughness, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and willingness to provide assistance across the team when required.
- Demonstrated experience working in an environment with competing stakeholder expectations and /or organisational deadlines.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to build rapport, be approachable and to convey complex information in a logical way.
- An interest in community led initiatives and participatory planning methodologies is desired.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Word, and experience working with databases.
If you are interested in being part of a team that embraces individual aspirations and an organisation that supports personal growth, then this is an excellent opportunity for you!
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Investing in Rural Community Futures Program Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.