About the role
Community Northern Beaches, a vibrant community based NFP based in Manly and Brookvale, has an important role for an experienced Multicultural worker delivering a range of services and programs to the local migrant and refugee community.
Community Northern Beaches, working in close partnership with Settlement Services International (SSI), provides the Settlement Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) program on behalf of the Australian Government Dept. of Home Affairs & Border Protection for newly arrived persons resident between 1-5 years. Most of our clients are from the Tibetan community, with some newly arrived Syrian persons.
SETS program objectives provide services to eligible clients to promote social participation, economic and personal well-being, independence and community connectedness. SETS has a key role in facilitating English language skills, supporting engagement with education and training, and building employment readiness.
Key Experience and Skills
The position requires a highly skilled person with the following;
- extensive experience in the multicultural sector, ideally working with Government programs
- a strong network of community partners or the ability to build partnerships, especially in the multicultural and community sectors
- experience of the SETS program would be well regarded
- strong computer literacy skills and the ability to adapt to new technology
- experience reporting to Government (e.g. myGovID/DSS DEX) and/or program partners
- experience in developing work plans for programs
- ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- demonstrated ability to develop innovative and strategic programs for client groups
- supervision or management experience is preferred but not essential
- demonstrated empathy and compassion
Conditions of Employment
The role is flexible between 3-4 days per week (22.5-30 hrs per week) dependent on the applicant. There is a requirement to be flexible with some after-hours work and Community Northern Beaches will assist by being flexible to support the successful applicant.
Community Northern Beaches provides PBI salary packaging for staff. Four weeks annual leave and two weeks sick leave on a pro-rata basis is provided.
The position is currently based in Brookvale. An extensive hand-over period with the current Manager will be provided the successful applicant to assist with the transition.
About the organisation
Community Northern Beaches is a small, not-for-profit organisation which is active on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. We are a close-knit and supportive team of individuals, working with various partner organisations, in a shared commitment to making a difference to members of the community experiencing social exclusion. The organisation seeks to intervene early in order to empower people to engage proactively and positively with various challenges. Through this we seek to counter risk factors, enhance protective factors and to positively enhance individual and social well-being.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager – Multicultural Services (P/T) via Pro Bono Australia.