About the role
The Manager, Seniors Law leads and manages Justice Connect’s Seniors Law program across Victoria and New South Wales. Our Seniors Law programs have recently become joined up in NSW and Victoria, and we are exploring new ways to increase the number of people we are able to help, and to enhance our service models for greater impact and sustainability. The Manager, Seniors Law works with the Head of Community Programs to undertake key strategic work.
- Management of the Seniors Law team across Victoria and New South Wales including lawyers, Telehealth Project Lead, secondees and administrative staff
- Ongoing review of a theory of change and narrative to clearly capture the purpose and impact of Seniors Law, and ensure this fits within the overarching Justice Connect theory of change and narrative
- Identification, development and implementation of initiatives to increase the impact of the Seniors Law program’s work. This includes:
– adoption of digital service delivery methods and approaches
– creative and collaborative responses to unmet legal need
– identifying opportunities to leverage pro bono contributions
– securing increased and diversified resourcing for the program; and
– identifying and acting on advocacy opportunities
- Establish and maintain objectives and key results which describe the direction of the Seniors Law program and address Justice Connect strategic priorities.
- Maintain existing and establish new relationships and projects with government, partner agencies, participating law firms, funding bodies and other relevant stakeholders
- Promote and publicise Seniors Law, including by representing Seniors Law in a range of public forums, the media and by contributing to internal and external publications
- Design and oversee Seniors Law’s strategic direction in consultation with the Head of Community Programs, Seniors Law team and key stakeholders
- Work with the Head of Community Programs to ensure ongoing and adequate funding for Seniors Law, including managing relationships with current funders and supporters and securing new sources of financial and in-kind support
- Work with the Operations team and Head of Community Programs to prepare and manage the Seniors Law budget
- Ensure that Seniors Law complies with corporate governance requirements, including reporting and evaluation requirements of the Justice Connect Board, Seniors Rights Victoria and other funders
- Work with the Head of Community Programs and Managers of Homeless Law to lead collaboration and coordination across Community Programs
- Contribute to program and organisation-wide projects
- Perform other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role.
- Please view the attached recruitment pack to view the selection criteria.
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. Justice Connect is a not-for-profit organisation with a vision of a fair and strong community in which people have a fair chance at a better life, the community sector is strong and vibrant and the legal/justice and non-legal social systems are fairer and better.
At Justice Connect, we believe everyone deserves a fair chance at a better life. Too often, our legal system is complicated, expensive and inaccessible. And when the system doesn’t work for everyone, it works for no one. It holds our community back. That’s why we use the law to help people and community groups left behind by an unfair and complicated legal system. Whether it’s a single mother facing homelessness, a local community group struggling with overwhelming regulation or an older person dealing with family violence, real-life problems so often have legal solutions. That’s why we connect people with legal help. We use the power of the law to open up the legal system for those locked out of it, and to change the system where it is broken.
The key to our impact is the passionate commitment of our people. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, driven by a desire to deliver real improvements in the lives of the people and communities we help.
Seniors Law was established in Victoria over 10 years ago to provide legal assistance to older people experiencing or at risk of abuse. The program expanded to NSW in 2016. We use a Health Justice Partnership (HJP) model, through which we embed lawyers in health services to reach vulnerable people who would otherwise likely not access legal help. We have now established five HJPs in Melbourne and Sydney, and have also recently commenced a pilot project to examine how we can utilise our health partners’ telehealth facilities to increase access to legal help for people experiencing or at risk of elder abuse, including older people in RRR areas.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Seniors Law via Pro Bono Australia.