About the role
Do you have a passion for the mental health and well-being of others? EMPHN is looking for a competent, compassionate Mental Health Clinician/Practitioner to support the effective care of people in the community with a range of mental health, drug, alcohol and other complex needs. This role works over the telephone as well as in the community to assist clients in navigating the complex and changing landscape of services within the primary care sector, and promotes awareness-building of current service systems and linkages. Working in a small multidisciplinary team and reporting to the MH & AOD Manager, you will have an integral role in providing improved health outcomes for people within EMPHN’s catchment. Who we are looking for To be considered for this role you will have:
- Relevant qualifications within a health profession including (but not limited to) Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Health Promotion, Public Health, Sociology, or Occupational Therapy (with registration and eligibility for membership of relevant discipline professional body where applicable)
- Strong sector experience in community Mental Health or Drugs and Alcohol, or other relevant experience in a similar role
- An in depth knowledge of Mental Health Services and supports available in the EMPHN catchment and surrounding suburbs
- The ability to successfully engage with and assess people from diverse backgrounds, including those from high-risk groups, in particular those presenting with challenging and complex mental health disorders including CALD, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, homelessness, LGBTQI+ communities, and across all age groups
- An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of forums including public presentations and forums
What we offer EMPHN offers a genuinely supportive and friendly work environment, flexible hours, and generous salary packaging. We also have a fun, active social club and offer staff recognition and support programs. Based in Box Hill EMPHN is close to public transport, shops and cafes. This is a full time role, with a maximum term contract to 30 June 2022 being offered to the successful candidate.
About the organisation
EMPHN is one of the major commissioners of federally-funded health care services in Melbourne, with responsibility for improving the primary health care system. We do this by facilitating health system improvements for people in the eastern and north eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Mental Health Clinician/Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.