About the role
- Based in Liverpool
- 3 Year Contract
- Salary packaging options to increase your take home pay, Fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) & flexible working hours
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
SSI has recently been advised of our successful tender to deliver the National Disability Insurance Scheme Partners in the Community Program (PITC), in the South West Sydney and Sydney districts, for the next three years. The program provides for Local Area Coordination (LAC) services to assist Participants in developing or reviewing support plans as well as extensive work in the community to promote inclusion and opportunities for people to access mainstream service. SSI is required to commence the transition of support services from 1st July 2020 with full-service delivery from 1st October 2020.
The PITC Program in SSI will cover the fourteen local government areas in South Western Sydney and Sydney Metro Area’s with a team of over 200 people including Local Area Coordinators and other management, administration and support staff located at a range of sites across each area.
Y OUR CONTRIBUTION
Overseeing a multidisciplinary team, the Operations Manager Access and Support Services will be responsible for the management and leadership of the LAC program for their divisions whilst working collaboratively with the NDIA to assist people with disability access support.
The role will provide inspired leadership to a team with broad skills and expertise to provide support in key focus areas for the Program. This will include strategic planning and activation around community engagement and development, and Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) services. Effective engagement and access planning for hard to reach and often marginalised communities (e.g. CALD, ATSI, LGBTQIA+ etc.) will be essential for this position.
- Lead, mentor and coach a multidisciplinary team.
- Lead and oversee operations of LAC services connecting participants to support services through a person centred approach
- Develop and maintain reporting databases
- Develop and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders such as NDIA, Health Services, government and non-government agencies and community
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement and review required engagement strategies and plans including the community awareness and engagement plan, ILC plan, and others as required.
You will have tertiary qualifications qualifications in Human Services, disability, allied health, social work or community services and a minimum of 5 years experience in leading, managing and developing staff at a senior level in a complex human services environment.
Extensive knowledge of the disability sector, the NDIS PITC Program, and the social and environmental barriers impacting the lives of people with disability their families and carers and strong stakeholder management will also be required of the role.
High level strategic thinking skills, strategic planning and communications skills with the ability to develop innovative solutions to complex issues and the ability to build partnerships with key stakeholders including government agencies and local service providers are key to this role.
This role does involve travel, please note that a valid driver’s licence and willingness to undertake regular travel will be required.
Submit an application by 4 PM on 1st June 2020 by applying online with a CV and Cover Letter addressing the following Selection Criteria.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading, managing and developing staff at a senior level in a complex human services environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the disability sector, the NDIS PITC Program, and the social and environmental barriers impacting the lives of people with disability their families and carers.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in building partnerships with key stakeholders including government agencies and local service providers.
- High level strategic planning and communications skills, including the capacity to exercise sound judgement and develop innovative solutions to complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and implementing business plans, strategic plans, and/or engagement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and project manage and meet key milestones.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours and in a range of locations across areas and regions as required.
- Lived Experience or awareness of the impact of disability on individuals, families and carers.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
Our workplace reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices and abilities of our employees.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require an adjustment please email or call 02 8799 6700 and ask for the talent team.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please click the Apply Now button to be redirected to our careers portal in order to send your application.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager Access and Support via Pro Bono Australia.