About the role
DVSM has an executive leadership opportunity for an ethical, accomplished and passionate leader to lead and manage the Organisational Services function, and work within the Executive Leadership team.
The Organisational Services Manager works to assist in governance and decision-making to achieve DVSM’s vision, purpose, and strategy.
The Organisational Services division is key to enabling our provision of support services and professional services working across diverse sectors. The role involves leadership and management of functions including Governance, Risk Management, Finance & Payroll, Quality Assurance & Compliance, Human Resources, Information Technology as well as organisation-wide Business Support including management of independent and commercial suppliers/contracts.
The role is based in Sydney and reports to the CEO, working closely within the Executive Leadership team and with the wider team of leaders and managers to provide the business support and development of the good work already established.
A commitment to applying DVSM values and principles throughout the end to end design and delivery of organisational services is essential.
This role is four days a week (32hrs per week) with flexibility to balance business needs and support a positive work/ life balance.
1. Tertiary qualification in business, accounting or similar
2. CA or CPA qualified
3. Strong interpersonal skills
4. A confident, proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
5. Demonstrated ability to be self-directing, plan and prioritise workload and show initiative
6. Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
7. Experience managing and mentoring employees
8. Ability to establish and maintain meaningful partnerships with relevant service providers and stakeholders
Employment with DVSM is subject to satisfactory probity checks which include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Check.
9. Tertiary Qualification in Social/Community Services or similar
10. Strong working knowledge of financial management within a not for profit
11. Proven ability to contribute to and execute organisational strategy
12. Harnesses information and opportunities to support strategic development
13. Strong understanding and knowledge of the governance and risk management
14. Good understanding of policy framework that supports the domestic and family violence and homelessness sectors.
If you have a commitment to social justice and the safety and wellbeing of people experiencing and escaping Domestic and Family Violence, and have a strong interest in this role, please submit your CV, cover letter, and an application addressing the selection criteria.
About the organisation
Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity (ABN: 26-165-400-635) which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia). DVSM also provides professional services (Sightlines) to build capacity and share learning about Domestic and Family Violence within the Community Services sector and more broadly with the wider ecosystem of corporations, organisations, institutions, online and local communities.
Our vision is a world where women, families and communities live free from violence, have equal rights, opportunities, and the freedom to reach their potential. Our purpose: Building individual and community safety and wellbeing.
Our Values: A key part of working in this role is to demonstrate our values in day-to-day work. These values are: Person Centred – We listen and embrace diversity to support our clients to achieve their self-defined goals. Excellence – We exceed expectations with our professionalism and evidence-based products, programs and services. Respect- We remain open minded and non-judgmental. Integrity – We are ethical, transparent and accountable.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Organisational Services Manager – 4 days a week via Pro Bono Australia.