About the role
We are unflinching in standing up for the rights of children, and we want you to help us ensure vulnerable children thrive despite the challenges the environment and climate change throws at them. Climate change affects children in poor and vulnerable communities and is one of the principal development challenges of the twenty-first century. We need you to support our work in demonstrating that children have a voice in the future they will inherent and that their capacities can contribute to shaping a world where those most impacted are able to adapt and thrive in the face of unavoidable climate change.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster – like an ear thquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this part-time maximum-term position (two to three days per week for one year), based in Carlton*, you will work on planning, designing and implementing a process for the management and oversight of the design processes for Green Climate Fund (GCF) projects – the world’s largest single climate finance mechanism, to which Save the Children Australia recently gained accreditation. You will be part of our International Programs team and report to our Head of Specialised Technical Services.
You will make an impact by:
- Designing and running a fit for purpose system to implement project management solutions that integrate with Save the Children systems and processes and our IT platforms
- Developing a project management system and process that can be replicated across all future GCF designs
- Establishing proposal development plans for Save the Children Australia’s initial three project proposals
- Coordinating the resource mobilisation for design work and feasibility studies aligned to project design plans
- Monitoring and managing the key risks associated with the delivery of the project designs
- Providing regular reporting on progress to the Senior Management Team
Does this sound like you?
You’re passionate about project management systems and processes and are always striving for greater efficiencies and effectiveness. You thrive on complex projects, juggling stakeholder engagement across diverse teams and groups of individuals in and outside of Australia. You are an excellent communicator and have a passion for the environment and climate change action, as you want to see vulnerable children thrive despite the challenges the world throws at them.
This role requires:
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Project Manager, successfully delivering large-scale projects from initiation to completion (with a focus on project set-ups)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills supported by strong analytical capability
- Experience operating within a complex environment and dealing with ambiguity
- A strong ability to engage and influence others across all levels of the organisation, in Australia and abroad
- A friendly, communicative, accessible, and positive personality
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Friendly and flexible work environment
- Agile work environment including working from home
- Child and pet friendly work environment
- Full salary packaging benefits
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and co re values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled prior to the listed closing date if our preferred candidate is identified early.
Save the Children Australia supports the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. If you are successful in your application, we will request consent to access HR held information pertaining to your last 5 years of employment. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Manager, Green Climate Fund via Pro Bono Australia.